Wednesday 17 July 2013

Review | Beverly Hills Brows

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (around £15) - Cult Beauty | Net-a-porter

It's safe to say that the whole brows topic has become more popular and we are spending a lot more time grooming taming them; steering well away from any sign of over-plucking. I was quite happily using a powder and brush duo, until my eyes set sight on the Anastasia Brow Wiz and a little purchase was made. I know the thought of doing your eyebrows with a pencil springs the words 'waxy' or 'bold' to your mind, but this one is not like the rest of the bunch.

Out of the four shades available I chose Medium Ash, my hair is a fairly dark brown and this colour is a perfect match. There is no red-tones in sight, neither is it so dark that you look like you've coloured your eyebrows in (neither is it ashy as the name may suggest). The tip is ultra-fine so you can create a natural, hair like effect; all you need to do is twist up the nib and more crayon appears... keep those fiddly sharpeners where they are! On the other end is a handy little brow tamer so you can tidy those brows up. All you need to keep your brows beautifully shaped in one. 

I've been using this for a few weeks now and my brows have stayed in place all day, with no colour rub-off. I cannot praise this enough, will I ever go back to powder? Plus the sleek black and gold packaging makes it a delight to have in my make-up bag! 

Let me know if you've tried this as well or any bad brow pencils to stay clear of. Do you have any favourite brow techniques? 

13 comments:

  1. This looks like something that should be in my make-up bag! I love using pencils for brows, it's so much easier and faster xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting, I'll be sure to try that! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    *Besos*

    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about it would you say its worth the hype?
    daisyandmints.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, I might have to try this out since my powder/wax duo is a bit of a hassle whereas this looks so much quicker and easier :)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really want to try this too!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try out the anastasia wiz, but right now I'm using Benefit brow zing. A great tip I learned from Goss makeup artist is to brush the product backwards against the hair growth because that gets the product onto the skin and will last a lot longer! I also like using the anastasia brow gel to comb back my brow hairs and set everything in place all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks much more convenient than taking my eyebrow kit and brush around with me all the time! xo

    Be Pulchritudinous. | UK Beauty and Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. definitely want to try that out! I'm so used to using shadows to fill in my brows. x

    www.lilacbeam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started using this a few months ago and LOVE it! Best brow pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am dying to get my hands on an this; it sounds so lovely! :) It seems easy and hustle free to use! <3

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just ordered this one but I got mine in brunette. Hopefully its not too dark for my dark brown/black hair. It was the only one they had in stock :/ Btw, I love your blog, so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx