Friday 22 May 2015

Borough Market | Exploring London

Foodie: a person having an enthusiastic interest in the preparation and consumption of good food.



Hands up for anyone who fits that description -anybody? It certainly sums my friend Keighley and I up pretty damn well. After discovering a day we both had free, we penciled in a date for Borough Market: a glorious food market with delicacies from all around the world. You name it, they've got it.


Borough Market is just off Tower Bridge Station, where you're welcomed with a glistening Hello from The Shard; it still impresses on a typical gloomy and grey Wednesday afternoon in London.





The rain started to trickle down upon us so we headed underneath the shelter and started our search for our first bite of heaven.





A monstrous skillet of Duck confit was sizzling away which is where we found lunch, or shall I say starters (?).




Keighley also got her hands around a mighty meaty wrap whilst we carried on browsing what else was on offer.



If you're after fresh fish, head to Furness Food Hut. Chorizo, squid, prawns, mussels and chicken dotted around like tasty jewels; all too tempting too resist. They also do mighty boar burgers and Malaysian chicken curry. 


If you're torn and ask nicely then the happiest chap at Borough Market, Omar, will serve you up a half n' half dish. Whilst I tucked into my Malaysian meets Spanish lunch, Keighley tucked into hers.


Crispy Salt & Chili Squid - light and flavoursome. 





The true hero of the market, and the main reason for my trip was the Bread Ahead Bakery. The donuts! Oh. my. god. THE donuts!!! 

Go on, scroll back up to the top for another peak... I promise I won't tell.

I was a walking sugar coated, cream covered mess by the end of it but it was completely worth it. Promise me you will try one if you're nearby a stall.



After indulging a little too much in the food on offer, we strolled by the embankment and headed over to South Kensington to explore the V&A for a few hours.



I was completely captured by the fashion time-tunnel by the entrance. Although I didn't experience the McQueen exhibition this time, I was like a kid in a sweet shop picking out pieces of clothing from different eras which I fell in love with.





1920's Vogue. Take me back to the days of F Scott Fitzgerald, flapper dresses and jazz.


After refueling with tea at the grand V&A cafe, our minds (and hearts) decided to wander to Liberty; naturally, we let our legs follow our heart for a little self-indulgence where I made an exciting Summer purchase which I shall be letting you know about very, very soon!

If you're a Londoner or an explorer, get down to Borough Market for a delicious breakfast/lunch/dinner... they're open most of the week and the atmosphere will guarantee you enjoy it come rain or shine.

What are your favourite spots to head to in London? 

6 comments:

  1. Thee-MiddleSis22/05/2015, 08:31

    Oh I love Borough, and V & A AND Liberty (I even wrote a post on the last one at last Christmas: http://thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-death.html)

    Great foodie post, love your description of 'starters'

    ReplyDelete
  2. pippa artus clashingtime22/05/2015, 10:32

    Ahh looks amazing! :) Love this place. www.clashingtime.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maireem Maneje23/05/2015, 02:05

    The food looks so delicious :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Wednesdays I Wear Pink23/05/2015, 22:44

    Such cool photos !

    All the food looks so tasty.

    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Borough Market, there is always something new to explore. I could just spend hours there!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx