Thursday 24 October 2013

Nuxe Rev de Miel Balm

 Nuxe Reve de Miel Balm £9.50 | Escentual
Nuxe is not a brand I had yet tried out, I received a sample in a Glossybox of a oil with lashings of shimmer in it which didn't do anything for me, but with the season of the flu and chapped lips coming up I thought I would give their highly recommended Rev de Miel a go (nothing at all to do with 1/3rd off french skincare brands Escentual are running.)

I am a fan of nourishing lip products which include the scent and use of honey in the formula, so instantly I was hooked to the smell of sweet honey in a pot. The consistency of this is quite firm which makes it a little un-easy to apply, there's no need to scoop a little hole out though as a little goes a long way. The balm sinks into the lips instead of just sitting on the top of the skin, giving you the impression that they're hydrating, leaving the lips soft, smooth and nourished. The main attraction of this for me is that it leaves a matte finish, making it the perfect base for a lipstick. 

At the end of the day you may say it's just a lip balm, but after a few days of use I would agree it is just that- but a highly delightful one! If you suffer from chapped lips in the colder seasons then I would suggest you give this one a go, and if honey isn't your thing then there's a scentless one too.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! This is my favourite lip balm xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this balm, definitely one for night time use as it is quite thick but that gives it chance to work its magic :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this lip balm popping up everywhere at the moment and everyone seems to love it! Really feel like I'm missing out hahah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm honey lipbalm sounds deliciousss, shame it's in a pot though, I hate putting my fingers into lipbalm! :(

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to try this for AGES! need to justify spending £10 on a lip balm though ha!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my beauty shopping list and I’m glad to read that is super scented of honey, I loves it. I agree with Jennifer cheetham, shame about the pot but still worth a go I reckon!

    www.beccamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, if you have any questions I shall get back to you. Xx